Product Management & Marketing
Product Specialist (Software Product)
Today’s world runs on and generates an almost unthinkable amount of data each second. Businesses of all sizes and every person contributes to this new form of global currency. Our NAS, IPSAN, networking, and surveillance solutions greatly simplify traditionally complex IT problems. Synology’s Product Management Team is the primary conduit bridging development, marketing, sales, and others together. We analyze then align the direction of development with the needs of the market. We break down complex problems into steps to drive product development forward.
Our solutions are used by millions of users out in the world, ranging from casual home users to enterprises that serve millions of users. Your responsibility is to understand how they may use our products, come up with ways to improve upon functionality and usage experience, and see through the execution of your proposal. Most of the time you’ll be working with engineering as you refine roadmaps and project proposals. As the project matures, you’ll move in to support our customer facing teams so ensure accurate message delivery.
You’ll fit right in if these describe you:
- You like challenges.
Some projects are difficult because of certain reasons, such as needing to support legacy clients, or due to a very specific business concern. You need to understand, resolve them, or work around these roadblocks.
- You are creative.
Do you think you can do something better? Draft up a presentation, draw wireframes, and prepare that proposal! Synology is open to new ideas, regardless of which project you’re assigned to. If you have an idea, we’re all ears.
- You find motivation and pride in your projects.
You’ll do whatever it takes to make sure your project shines, whether that means thinking out of the box or drafting up plans or SOPs that aren’t usually your responsibilities.
- You are a problem solver at heart.
You often spot potential problems or issues and work to resolve them, even before they happen.
- You are a great communicator.
You work well with others, especially on large projects spanning multiple teams. You know when to compromise and settle for something different from what you originally had in mind.
- You aren’t afraid of failure.
Failure is what propels us forward. Even the brightest, most-successful people fail sometimes. When failure occurs, you can quickly brush it off, learn from it, and just keep going.
You are expected to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in building or using multi-drive storage devices/enclosures, such as FreeNAS DIY boxes, Thunderbolt DAS units, or other NAS or SAN devices
Your future career awaits
We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
【Personal Data Protection Statement of Synology Inc.】
We Value Your Privacy
To comply with the Personal Information Protection Act, this page will outline how we collect, use, and transmit your personal data. Please read this privacy statement carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
Please note that it is at your own discretion whether to apply for job openings at Synology. The recruitment process of Synology requires your personal information. To comply with the Personal Information Protection Act, we would like to inform you of the following before you provide personal data to us. Please read the statements below carefully:
- 1. Synology will collect, use and keep your personal data only to the extent and period necessary, subject to the specific purpose and process which is lawful and legitimate. You’ll be informed of the purpose of data collection, categories of the personal data to be collected, the time period, territory, recipients and the methods of which the personal data is used, the data subject’s rights under the law and the method for exercising such rights, as well as you may choose to provide data at your own discretion but your rights and interests will be
affected if you elect not to provide your personal data.
- a. The purpose of the collection: Synology’s recruitment and selection of personnel and the relevant business operation.
- b. The categories of the personal data: Including name, email address, phone number, nationality, resume information (including but not limited to education, work experience, family details, and other personal data, information or files provided by you).
- c. The time period of which the personal data is used: For the purpose of Synology ‘s recruitment and selection of personnel and as required for the relevant business operation, personal data will be kept at Synology for 3 years after the end of recruitment process.
- d. The recipients of which the personal data is used: Synology and its global affiliates.
- e. The territory of which the personal data is used: The regions where Synology and its affiliates are located around the globe.
- f. The methods of which the personal data is used: Including but not limited to the Internet, email, written form, and fax.
- g. If you fail to provide personal data stated above or the information provided is not complete, you may not be able to apply for a job at Synology.
- 2. In accordance with Article 3 of the Personal Data Collection Act, you shall be able to exercise the following rights with regard to your personal data: the right to make an inquiry of and to review your personal data; the right to request a copy of your personal data; the right to supplement or correct your personal data; the right to demand the cessation of the collection, processing or use of your personal data and the right to erase your personal data. Synology shall not be held liable for any damages to your rights and interests, or the inability to access this website and attend recruitment events due to your exercise of the rights above.
- 3. If any of the following is reported or verified after investigation, Synology has the rights to correct, delete the information, or blacklist the job applicant. If the job applicant is involved with civil or criminal disputes, Synology will cooperate with the authorities and provide the resume, connection history, or any job application related information for the investigation of the judicial authorities, prosecution or investigation agencies.
- 1. The job applicant provides false personal information.
- 2. The job applicant uses the name/identity of another person.
- 3. The job applicant conducts wrongdoing or activities unrelated to job application.
- 4. The personal information provided by the job applicant contains inappropriate content or is against social good morals.
- 4. This Privacy Statement serves as supplementary clauses to Synology Privacy Statement. Please read Synology Privacy Statement carefully to understand other regulations with regard to how Synology handles personal information.
- 5. Synology reserves the right to amend this Privacy Statement and relevant information. The amendments will be announced on the official website or mobile applications of Synology without separate notice. You can review the Privacy Statement and relevant information anytime on Synology related channels.
If you have any concerns or suggestions regarding how we manage personal data, please feel free to contact us anytime.